Full mouth reconstruction performed at our Miamisburg, OH, practice combines several restorative dentistry procedures to completely repair smiles in any state of compromise. Dr. John Streibel understands that suffering from a multitude of oral health issues can be very difficult and discouraging. You can depend on Dr. Streibel to help you regain the confidence, comfort, and excellent oral health you deserve.
Components of Full Mouth Reconstruction
Unlike other restorative services, a full mouth reconstruction is not a singular procedure, but a custom combination of procedures recommended to address every compromised aspect of your smile. A full mouth reconstruction commonly combines:
- Dental crowns: Tooth-shaped caps designed to restore teeth following treatment for extensive damage or decay.
- Dental bridges: Restorations designed to replace one or more missing teeth.
- Inlays and onlays: Porcelain restorations recommended when a filling cannot adequately restore a tooth, but a crown would be excessive.
- Fillings: Resin restorations used to fill the void following cavity treatment.
- Dental implants: Titanium posts used to replace lost tooth roots.
- Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) treatment: Therapy intended to reduce inflammation of the jaw joints.
- Bruxism treatment: Therapy used to reduce or eliminate teeth grinding.
- Orthodontics: Treatment used to improve dental alignment.
- Root canal therapy: Removal of advanced tooth decay.
- Tooth extractions: Removal of severely decayed or damaged teeth.
- Tissue grafting: Transplantation of oral tissue to areas affected by gum recession.
- Periodontal treatments: Therapy used to treat gum disease.
Depending on your goals, you can also choose to incorporate cosmetic dentistry treatments such as:
- Porcelain veneers: Custom-made porcelain shells designed to conceal minor dental imperfections.
- Teeth whitening: Treatment to eliminate deep dental stains.
- Dental bonding: The application of dental resin to conceal minor imperfections.
During a consultation, Dr. Striebel can recommend the right combination of treatments to meet your needs and goals.
You can depend on Dr. Streibel to help you regain the confidence, comfort, and excellent oral health you deserve.
A patient who has multiple oral health issues can generally be considered a good candidate for full mouth reconstruction. However, some conditions may preclude patients from certain procedures. For example, if you have been missing teeth for many years, you may have experienced some bone atrophy that may affect your candidacy for dental implants. In this case, a bone grafting procedure may be required first. Dr. Striebel will carefully evaluate the state of your smile using x-rays and other technology to determine the best approach to your full mouth reconstruction.
A full mouth reconstruction can restore your health and your confidence.
The timeline for completion of a full mouth reconstruction depends on the extent of treatment you require. As most patients need extensive dental work, the complete process can take several months to over a year.
Since some phases of full mouth reconstruction can be quite involved, Dr. Striebel will need to know about any physical issues you have that may prevent you from sitting in a chair for long periods of time. He will also need to review your medical records to make certain you can safely undergo any necessary anesthesia.
Schedule Your Appointment
If you are suffering from a compromised smile, schedule a consultation with Dr. Striebel. His compassionate care and expertise in dentistry can help you to speak, chew, and smile with the utmost confidence.